In wake of Ohio officer's death, cops lobby for H1N1 vaccine priority
By John Futty
PREBLE COUNTY, Ohio — The death of a captain in the Preble County sheriff's office has prompted Franklin County law-enforcement officials to renew their call to give officers priority for vaccination against the H1N1 virus.
But it's unclear how Michael Thornsberry contracted the virus, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention aren't planning to change recommendations for priority groups.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police