Md. cop says being an officer gave him heart problems
By Alan Suderman
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. — A former local basketball standout who played professionally before becoming a Montgomery County police officer is suing the county over compensation for his having developed heart problems.
Steven Hood starred at DeMatha Catholic High School in Hyattsville in the mid-'80s and later for James Madison University. He then played almost a decade of professional basketball overseas, court records show.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms