Md. cop says being an officer gave him heart problems
By Alan Suderman
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. — A former local basketball standout who played professionally before becoming a Montgomery County police officer is suing the county over compensation for his having developed heart problems.
Steven Hood starred at DeMatha Catholic High School in Hyattsville in the mid-'80s and later for James Madison University. He then played almost a decade of professional basketball overseas, court records show.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'