Canadian chief against paid gym time for officers
There's an ''unwritten understanding'' that cops should spend their paid lunch hour in the gym
By Chinta Puxley
WINNIPEG, Canada — Winnipeg's police chief says he would rather have his police officers on the streets fighting crime than in the gym being paid to pump iron.
Police say paid workout time is becoming an issue across Canada as they increasingly face criminals coming out of jail bulked up and trained in mixed martial arts.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house