Report: Ill. officer was asleep at the wheel in crash
The female officer fell asleep moments before the crash
Chicago Daily Herald
WHEATON, Ill. — A veteran Wheaton police officer who accidentally drove her squad car into a house in September fell asleep moments before the crash, according to the police report filed that day.
The Wheaton Police Department released the report in response to a Freedom of Information Act request from the Daily Herald.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house