NM deputy asleep at the wheel crashes cruiser
Deputy Adrian Chavez, 25, had just finished an overnight shift
Las Cruces Sun-News
RADIUM SPRINGS, N.M. — A sheriff's deputy destroyed his vehicle and was injured Thursday morning when he fell asleep at the wheel, according to New Mexico State Police Lt. Eric F. Garcia.
Deputy Adrian Chavez, 25, had just finished an overnight shift and was driving south on State Road 185 at 8 a.m. when he crossed the northbound lane and crashed into a telephone pole outside the Blue Moon Bar, where the highway curves to the right, Garcia said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NM deputy asleep at the wheel crashes cruiser
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help