Dallas officer honored for heroic comeback
Senior Cpl. Jeremy Borchardt returned to duty after being shot
Dallas Morning News
DALLAS — An aching pain that travels down Senior Cpl. Jeremy Borchardt's left leg serves as a constant reminder of the bullet that slammed into it, severing his femoral artery, during a standoff outside a motel room in August 2006.
Six months later, Borchardt cradled mortally wounded Senior Cpl. Mark Nix in the back of a squad car as he and other officers rushed Nix to the hospital.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Dallas officer honored for heroic comeback
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy