NYPD detective dies on-duty from heart attack
Detective Shaniqua Osborne was a 19-year veteran and sister of an NYPD sergeant
Duty Death: Shaniqua Osborne - [New York, New York]
End of Service: 03/16/2017
By PoliceOne Staff
NEW YORK — An NYPD detective has died after suffering a massive heart attack on duty.
Detective Shaniqua Osborne, 42, collapsed March 16 and died shortly after arriving at a local hospital, NJ Blue Now reported.
Osborne was a 19-year veteran.
“She was a mother, wife to Trevor Osborne and also a sister to an NYPD sergeant,” NJ Blue Now’s Facebook post read.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman