On-duty NY cop kills self after Facebook post
Officer Philip Chlanda was distraught after girlfriend's Facebook posts indicated she may have been seeing someone else
By John Doyle, Perry Chiaramonte and Cynthia R. Fagen
New York Post
NEW YORK - A uniformed NYPD cop angry over his girlfriend's Facebook postings - and scared she'd leave him - fatally shot himself right in front of the woman on a Manhattan street yesterday, police said.
"I love you," Officer Philip Chlanda, 29, told the woman before shooting himself in the head with his department-issued Glock at around 3 a.m. outside the Murray Hill apartment they shared with his parents, cops said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: On-duty NY cop kills self after Facebook post
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman