FBI agent dies of heart attack in training
Special Agent Timothy S. Briggs suffered a fatal heart attack on May 31
Duty Death: Timothy S. Briggs - [London, Kentucky]
By PoliceOne Staff
LONDON, Ky. — Special Agent Timothy S. Briggs, a key investigator in a case that convicted more than 60 local public officials of corruption, suffered a fatal heart attack on May 31 in London, Kentucky.
According to ODMP, Briggs suddenly collapsed during a jog with another agent. A Lexington Herald-Leader article states that Briggs had been a regular runner, so the incident came as a surprise and could be attributed to an undiagnosed heart abnormality.
After Briggs suffered the heart attack, the agent jogging with him tried unsuccessfully to revive him using CPR.
Briggs, who was married with three young children, had held his FBI job for 14 years. Committed to rooting out corruption, he had helped turn around public corruption in his area following his investigation, which has won several national awards.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman