Police officers rank among most sleep-deprived occupations in US
Survey lists most tiring and most rested professions
HICKSVILLE, N.Y. — Daylight Saving Time is Sunday March 11th, but the real impact of "springing forward" and losing an hour of sleep is felt on the back-to-work Monday. That day, most of us will suffer from sleep deprivation.
But what about the rest of the year? A new ranking conducted for Sleepy's, the Mattress Professionals, points to those jobs where workers report the shortest sleep time. The Shortest-Sleep Jobs list is based on an independent analysis of individual sleep habits as reported in the National Health Interview Survey (NHIS). The data reveals the following sleep patterns among America's workers — none of whom attain the 8- hours we were all taught to strive for. The list is presented with the shortest sleepers at the top.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help