P1 Photo of the Week: I lost 146 lbs, thanks to you
This week’s photo comes from Sgt. R.T. Stevens of the Southampton County Sheriff's Office of Virginia. Steven's photo and story is nothing short of inspirational, and comes at the perfect time, as we all have New Year's resolutions on our mind. Stevens won our photo of the week contest with the image on the left back in Sept. 2011. The photo on the right is of Stevens today, 146 pounds lighter.
He writes, "I would like to thank you and the members who made the comments on the picture. As you can see I was extremely overweight and out of shape. At that time I truly felt I could still perform the duties of my job effectively. After seeing the picture and reading the two comments I was ashamed and embarrassed I even sent the picture in. But that was the motivation I needed to get myself on track and stop making excuses."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform