W.V. cop recovering from head injury after run down by shoplifter
The sergeant suffered some memory loss, but recollected a case he was working on when he left the hospital
By Ashley B. Craig
Charleston Daily Mail
CHARLESTON, W.V. — The State Police sergeant who suffered a serious head injury while trying to stop a woman shoplifting from a St. Albans clothing store is out of the hospital and recovering at home.
Sgt. Aaron Nichols was released from Charleston Area Medical Center's General Hospital Tuesday morning, three weeks after he was struck by a vehicle in the parking lot of Goody's at the St. Albans mall, State Police spokesman Sgt. Michael Baylous said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department