Ohio chief alleges retaliation by city
Chief John McGuire has been on paid medical leave since July 2012, the result of an on-duty injury sustained in a motor vehicle acciden
By Allison Wingate
Fostoria Review Times
FOSTORIA, Ohio — Fostoria Police Chief John McGuire has alleged city officials are retaliating against him for filing a worker's compensation claim by failing to resolve issues concerning his pay.
McGuire has been on paid medical leave since July 2012, the result of an on-duty injury sustained in a motor vehicle accident. Fostoria Police Capt. Patrick Brooks has been handling the department's administrative duties during his absence.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio chief alleges retaliation by city
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert