CO dies of heart attack running to assist others
Officer Brandon Kountz, 26, suddenly collapsed on his way to help other officers with inmates
By PoliceOne Staff
BEAUMONT, Texas — A correctional officer died of a heart attack Sunday when he suddenly collapsed while responding to a body alarm at FCC Beaumont in Texas.
Officer Brandon Kountz, 26, had served with the Federal Bureau of Prisons for only 11 months, according to ODMP.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman