Wis. cop dies on-duty of heart attack
Officer Donald Bishop, 32, was driving to the scene of a burglary when he veered off the road
By PoliceOne Staff
MILWAUKEE — An officer suffered an apparent heart attack while responding to a burglary report Friday night, causing him to drive off the road and hit a tree, where he was killed.
Officer Donald E. Bishop, 32, of the Brookfield police also served as a volunteer firefighter and as an officer part-time for the Village of Eagle police, according to the Milwaukee Sentinel.
"Don was the type of guy who would give up everything to go help somebody," said Brian Taylor, chief of the North Prairie Fire Department and Bishop's longtime friend.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court