Wis. cop dies on-duty of heart attack
Officer Donald Bishop, 32, was driving to the scene of a burglary when he veered off the road
By PoliceOne Staff
MILWAUKEE — An officer suffered an apparent heart attack while responding to a burglary report Friday night, causing him to drive off the road and hit a tree, where he was killed.
Officer Donald E. Bishop, 32, of the Brookfield police also served as a volunteer firefighter and as an officer part-time for the Village of Eagle police, according to the Milwaukee Sentinel.
"Don was the type of guy who would give up everything to go help somebody," said Brian Taylor, chief of the North Prairie Fire Department and Bishop's longtime friend.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic