Wis. cop dies on-duty of heart attack
Officer Donald Bishop, 32, was driving to the scene of a burglary when he veered off the road
By PoliceOne Staff
MILWAUKEE — An officer suffered an apparent heart attack while responding to a burglary report Friday night, causing him to drive off the road and hit a tree, where he was killed.
Officer Donald E. Bishop, 32, of the Brookfield police also served as a volunteer firefighter and as an officer part-time for the Village of Eagle police, according to the Milwaukee Sentinel.
"Don was the type of guy who would give up everything to go help somebody," said Brian Taylor, chief of the North Prairie Fire Department and Bishop's longtime friend.
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house