Veteran NY trooper dies of heart attack
Trooper William P. Keane, 56, fell ill during a work-related conference and passed away shortly after
By PoliceOne Staff
BATAVIA, N.Y. — A veteran New York State Trooper died last week of a heart attack while attending a Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance conference.
Trooper William P. Keane, 56, fell ill during the North American Inspectors Championship on August 23 and was taken to a nearby hospital where he was later pronounced dead, according to ODMP.
Keane was a Navy veteran, father of seven, and grandfather of six. He had been with the State Police for 26 years.
According to the coverage on Transport Topics, conference attendees donated more than $6,000 to Keane’s family.
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter