Veteran NY trooper dies of heart attack
Trooper William P. Keane, 56, fell ill during a work-related conference and passed away shortly after
By PoliceOne Staff
BATAVIA, N.Y. — A veteran New York State Trooper died last week of a heart attack while attending a Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance conference.
Trooper William P. Keane, 56, fell ill during the North American Inspectors Championship on August 23 and was taken to a nearby hospital where he was later pronounced dead, according to ODMP.
Keane was a Navy veteran, father of seven, and grandfather of six. He had been with the State Police for 26 years.
According to the coverage on Transport Topics, conference attendees donated more than $6,000 to Keane’s family.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests