Pa. school cop dies after breaking up brawl
High school officer died after an apparent heart attack a few hours after breaking up a fight between students
Duty Death: Daryl Giles - [Philadelphia, Pennsylvania]
End of Service: 06/02/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
PHILADELPHIA — A police officer at a Philadelphia high school died after an apparent heart attack a few hours after breaking up a fight between students.
According to ABC 6, 50-year-old Sgt. Daryl Giles died Monday after breaking up a large brawl that broke out at the high school.
Giles told a fellow officer he was experiencing chest pains, and was found collapsed on the floor of a restroom at the school. He was transported to a hospital and pronounced dead, according to the report.
Giles was a 19-year-veteran of the force and a U.S. Army veteran, ODMP reported.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic