Gesture Logic introduces muscle-monitoring fitness device
Wearable technology tracks fitness and helps keep wearer safe while exercising
By PoliceOne Staff
Gesture Logic is putting forth a new wearable fitness device called “LEO.” Worn as a band around the upper thigh, LEO is created to optimize the user’s workout while reducing risk of fitness-related injury.
Using biosignal monitoring technology, the device measures the following: muscle activity, heart rate, hydration levels, fatigue, calories, technique, and lactic acid. LEO then takes these measurements and notifies the wearer if anything is off during the workout. Additionally, the Gesture Logic device works to improve fitness routines and exercises by recommending ways to increase efficiency or better techniques.
LEO is connected with an iOS/Android app that lets the user customize a workout and understand results of the measurements taken during a workout.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department