Helmet tips for bike cops
1. Wear one: the reason is obvious.
2. Remember that your helmet adds inches to the top of your head. If you find yourself in a tactical situation that may require you to take a quick, stealth peek around a wall, take your helmet off to decrease your chances of being spotted.
3. When making contact with a subject, undo the chin strap to prevent him from grabbing it during an assault.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help