Four exercises that can enhance night vision
Protecting your night vision
Good night vision plays a crucial role in officer safety. One of the best ways to enhance it is to improve the circulation in your eyes. Here are four easy exercises, suggested by a Professor of Optometry at Indiana State University, that you can perform several times a day to help:
1. Blink as many times as possible for a couple of seconds.
2. Look as far right, left, up and down as possible. Then rotate your eyes in a circle clockwise, then counterclockwise.
3. Squeeze your eyes closed and hold for a few seconds. Repeat several times.
4. Once a day for about 15 minutes, close your eyes and put a heating pad or warm towel over your eyes.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform