Mich. cop who survived cancer donates locks for ill kids
Officer Patrick Dunbar's passion to serve has taken him (and his hair) to Wigs for Kids in Macomb County
By Lauren Podell
NEW BALTIMORE, Mich. — When it comes to New Baltimore police officers, you don’t get much tougher than Patrick Dunbar. His job as a reserve officer puts him in charge of all of the people behind cell doors. While Dunbar has a noticeable passion to serve, he also has long, long hair.
His passion to serve has taken him (and his hair) to Wigs for Kids in Macomb County.
Another motivation for Dunbar's donation — he’s a Stage 3 colon cancer survivor.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert