Mich. cop who survived cancer donates locks for ill kids
Officer Patrick Dunbar's passion to serve has taken him (and his hair) to Wigs for Kids in Macomb County
By Lauren Podell
NEW BALTIMORE, Mich. — When it comes to New Baltimore police officers, you don’t get much tougher than Patrick Dunbar. His job as a reserve officer puts him in charge of all of the people behind cell doors. While Dunbar has a noticeable passion to serve, he also has long, long hair.
His passion to serve has taken him (and his hair) to Wigs for Kids in Macomb County.
Another motivation for Dunbar's donation — he’s a Stage 3 colon cancer survivor.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests