TSA pat-down leaves man covered in urine
The incident left the man humiliated and in tears
ROMULUS, Mich. — A bladder cancer survivor from Michigan who wears a bag that collects his urine says he was patted down roughly by a security agent at Detroit Metropolitan Airport, causing the bag to spill its contents on his clothing.
Tom Sawyer told MSNBC.com the experience earlier this month left the 61-year-old retired special education teacher humiliated and in tears before catching a flight to Orlando, Fla.
Transportation Security Administration chief John Pistole said on CBS' "The Early Show" on Monday he had "great concern" for people such as Sawyer who feel "like they have not been treated properly."
Sawyer tells the Detroit Free Press that once he went through security, he changed his bag, but didn't have time to change his clothing and had to board the plane soaked in urine.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman