9/11 memorial tickets available next week
Free tickets will be available online starting Monday, officials said Thursday
By John Bacon
NEW YORK — For the opening of the 9/11 memorial at Ground Zero, on the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attacks, free tickets will be available online starting Monday, memorial officials said Thursday.
The 8-acre memorial, which includes two deep pools replicating the footprint of the World Trade Center, will be dedicated on Sept. 11 and open to the public the following day. Names of the nearly 3,000 people killed in the 2001 attacks will be inscribed on bronze rails around the pools.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 9/11 memorial tickets available next week
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms