Va. man charged with producing terrorist video
Jubair Ahmad is a Pakistani native and was arrested Friday
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — A 24-year-old Virginia resident has been accused of helping produce a video for a terrorist group in Pakistan.
Jubair Ahmad is a Pakistani native and was arrested Friday. According to court documents, in September 2010 Jubair produced and uploaded a propaganda video to YouTube on behalf of Lashkar e Tayyiba, a Pakistan terrorist group.
The five-minute video showed the group's leader and images of armored trucks exploding after being hit by improvised explosive devices. The documents say he denied involvement when interviewed by FBI agents.
Ahmad was charged with providing material support to a foreign terrorist organization and making false statements in a terrorism investigation. He faces up to 23 years in prison.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help