Channel won't air video showing French killings
The images appear to have been taken from the point of view of the killer
The Western Mail
A video showing the deadly attacks on soldiers and a Jewish school in France and sent to Arabic TV network Al-Jazeera will not be broadcast, the company said last night.
Its response came after French president Nicolas Sarkozy, other officials and family of the victims had asked for it not to be shown.
The television station received the footage on a USB memory stick sent with a letter to their Paris office. It appeared to have been taken during the shootings by 23-year-old Frenchman Mohamed Merah who was killed last week after a more than 30-hour stand-off with police at his apartment building.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Channel won't air video showing French killings
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform