Ohio LE targets worst immigration offenders
Arrests related to illegal immigrants on the rise in state; enforcement targeting fugitives, repeat offenders
By Cornelius Frolik
Dayton Daily News
OHIO — Illegal immigration is the fastest-growing federal arrest offense in Ohio, and convictions for immigration-related crimes in the state also have been rising, according to a Dayton Daily News analysis of federal data.
Federal law enforcement officials said they have focused on prosecuting repeat immigration violators, criminal noncitizens and people who pose a threat to public safety.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio LE targets worst immigration offenders
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house