Texas border patrol agent dies on foot patrol
The agent was hiking when he suffered a medical emergency
Duty Death: David Richard Delaney - [Brewster County, Texas]
By PoliceOne Staff
BREWSTER COUNTY, Texas — A Border Patrol Agent died Friday after a medical emergency on foot patrol.
David Delaney, 44, was hiking to a location near Big Bend National Park to setup a camera when he suffered the medical emergency, according to ODMP.
Delaney, a husband and father of three, had served with the United States Border Patrol for 10 years and was assigned to the Big Bend Sector.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests