NJ man serves 15 years, robs same store upon release
Suspect robbed the store a day after his release
TOMS RIVER, N.J. — In 1999, 25-year-old Christopher Miller was arrested after he forced employees into the back room of the Stride Rite shoe store on Hooper Avenue in Toms River, tied them up and fled with cash.
After a 15-year sentence, Miller was released on Friday from South Woods State Prison in Bridgeton.
Police say Miller, now 40, took a bus from Atlantic City to Toms River on Saturday, and robbed the same shoe store. He is charged with robbery and is being held on $100,000 bail. Police had no attorney information for him.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy