Austrian police find 24 kilograms of cocaine at airport lost-and-found
The Associated Press
VIENNA, Austria- Police at the Vienna Airport on Tuesday found 24 kilograms (53 pounds) of cocaine worth an estimated euro13.4 million (US$16 million) at a lost-and-found counter, police said.
The drugs were placed in 22 bags wrapped in an oily foul-smelling paper, in an apparent attempt to irritate police dogs specially trained to detect narcotics, police said.
The suitcase had been by mistakenly checked in at Mexico City along with the luggage of a 60-year-old Austrian tourist, who had left it at the lost-and-found counter.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform