At least nine dead as Bali hit by blasts
ERRI - Emergency.com
BALI, INDONESIA: At least nine people have been killed in a series of explosions on the Indonesian resort island of Bali. Dozens of others were reported to have been injured in the blasts at Kuta beach - the area most popular with Western tourists - and at Jimbaran beach. At least two (and possibly three) explsions are being reported by preliminary accounts coming from the scene. Emergency service sources said that rescue and recovery efforts are underway at the time of this report, and that the death and injury toll may rise.
There is no word yet on what actually caused the blasts which happened just before 20:00 (local time). "There have been some explosions in Jimbaran and Kuta area, but we cannot give any details," Lt Col Antonius Reniban said. "Police are still investigating." ERRI counter-terrorism analysts said that the circumstances of the blasts, and apparent targeting of foreign tourists, appeared all too familiar.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman