L.A. policing gets a French twist for the Golden Globes
Bob Pool, Times Staff Writer
Copyright 2007 Los Angeles Times
Lights flashing and motors roaring, 15 Los Angeles-area motorcycle officers were escorting 32 French motorcycle cops to lunch.
The French officers are in the area for a 10-day training program with police, sheriff's deputies and the California Highway Patrol that will include security work at next week's Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman