L.A. policing gets a French twist for the Golden Globes
Bob Pool, Times Staff Writer
Copyright 2007 Los Angeles Times
Lights flashing and motors roaring, 15 Los Angeles-area motorcycle officers were escorting 32 French motorcycle cops to lunch.
The French officers are in the area for a 10-day training program with police, sheriff's deputies and the California Highway Patrol that will include security work at next week's Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help