British study: Assault on police every 20 minutes
The battered blue line
By Tom Whitehead, Home Affairs Correspondent
BRITAIN — A POLICE officer is attacked every 20 minutes in Britain, in an alarming growth in violence on our streets.
At the country's biggest force, assaults have more than doubled in the past five years - and officers in some areas can be set upon at least three times a year.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter