British officer knifed to death despite wearing 'stab-proof' armor
David Byers and agencies,
The Times Online
Luton, U.K. — A police officer was stabbed to death in the middle of a busy town centre today after coming to the aid of a window cleaner who had been attacked and knifed during morning rush hour.
PC Jonathan Henry, a married father whose daughter is less than one year old, was knifed outside Marks and Spencer in the middle of Luton, and only yards from the town's main police station and town hall just before 7:20am.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic