4 tons of cocaine seized off Spain
The Associated Press
MADRID, Spain — Spanish police, working with U.S. and British authorities, seized four tons of cocaine aboard a ship off the northwest coast, the Interior Ministry said.
Eleven people were arrested in the operation, carried out on Saturday, a ministry statement said. Six were arrested aboard the ship, three in Madrid and two in the northwest region of Galicia.
Police also seized $27,000 in cash and several cars and cell phones.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds