Mexican officials free man who killed border patrol agent
Related article: Border Patrol agent fatally struck by fleeing suspect
By Nicole Gaouette and Joel Rubin
The Los Angeles Times
IMPERIAL COUNTY, Calif. — U.S. officials have expressed shock that a Mexican judge had freed a man imprisoned in connection with the death of a U.S. Border Patrol agent in California this year, according to a statement issued Wednesday by Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert