P1 Photo of the Week: Fighting for freedom in Kabul
Training at the range near Kabul city.
Hello from Afghanistan.
I am a 14 year Police Veteran, still employed full-time in Berwyn, Illinois. I was deployed with the 33rd Brigade Combat team from the Illinois Army National Guard. Our mission here is to train and mentor the Afghanistan Police in order to bring security and stabilization to the war torn country.
My team has been training the weapons and marksmanship to the police here. Some of the challenges we overcome in the students are lack of education, communication and physical capabilities. Being that it is a thirdworld country, there is no clean water and limited electricity.
We continue to improve their state of readiness and prepare them for the streets in the war zone.
As always; stay safe, train hard and take care.
Photo submitted by: SSG James Tadrowski, 33rd ARSIC-K RPAC PMT, Camp Phoenix, Kabul
PoliceOne wants to see some pictures of you in action or training. Submit a photo - it could be selected as our Photo of the Week! Be sure to include your name, department information and address (including city, state and ZIP code) where we can reach you - Photo of the Week winners now have a chance to win a PoliceOne.com T-shirt!
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help