Video: N. Ireland rioters burn police vehicles
Since the Protestant Orangemen's annual parade, there have been three nights of violence between police and nationalist youth
By PoliceOne Staff
BELFAST, Northern Ireland — The Northern Ireland city of Belfast saw its third straight night of violence on Tuesday. More than 80 officers have been injured.
The demonstrations began when police allowed a “traditional” parade, against the wishes of a nationalist group, according to Northern Ireland’s Belfast Telegraph. The nation has been plagued for years by conflict related to British rule of the country, ethnic discrimination, and religious intolerance. The video below shows several rioters setting police vehicles on fire.
Masked and hooded rioters praised cameramen and photographers for capturing and broadcasting the violence. The following video shows how the riots began earlier in the day.
- Crowd Control
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy