Gang kidnaps last cop in Mexican border town
Every other cop in the dangerous border village of Guadalupe was either killed or quit the force
By Daniel Borunda
El Paso Times
CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico — The only police officer in the village of Guadalupe had still not surfaced Monday, four days after being abducted by gunmen who stormed into her home.
Erika Gándara, 28, was the Mexican border village's entire police force, taking a job no one else wanted in the farming communities in the violent Valley of Juárez.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Gang kidnaps last cop in Mexican border town
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help