Indian-origin policewoman resigns in Britain, claims racism
She took 848 days off in five years
Indo-Asian News Service
LONDON — An Indian-origin woman police officer in London has resigned after she took over 800 days off, claiming she became unwell due to constant racial abuse from her colleagues.
Hinah Parekh, 43, claimed that racial abuse from fellow police officers made her unwell. She said she was also suffering from depression and stress.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house