Indian-origin policewoman resigns in Britain, claims racism
She took 848 days off in five years
Indo-Asian News Service
LONDON — An Indian-origin woman police officer in London has resigned after she took over 800 days off, claiming she became unwell due to constant racial abuse from her colleagues.
Hinah Parekh, 43, claimed that racial abuse from fellow police officers made her unwell. She said she was also suffering from depression and stress.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms