Norwegian police: Shooting response was correct
Police force had responded "as soon as possible," said Oslo police chief
Trend Daily News
OSLO, Norway — Norwegian police on Monday defended their actions in responding to the attack on Utoya island that left 86 people dead, following criticism from among others, the survivors, DPA reported.
The special Delta police force had responded "as soon as possible" and were "quickly there," Oslo police chief Anstein Gjengedal told broadcaster NRK.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Norwegian police: Shooting response was correct
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds