Video: Mexican women beat, insult cop
Tapes of the late-night confrontation have emerged
MEXICO CITY — An odd instance of police abuse in which two snobby women shoved, slapped and insulted a cop has captured Mexico's attention and sparked debate on gender and class issues.
Tapes of the late-night confrontation in the upscale Mexico City neighborhood of Polanco have been a hit on social networking and video-sharing sites.
The two aggressive, shouting, swearing women have garnered the ironic nickname "The Ladies of Polanco."
One of them was detained Friday to face charges of resisting officers, insulting authorities and discrimination. Police are seeking the other.
The incident began when police stopped the women for erratic driving. The two engaged in an extended scuffle with one officer and then were allowed to drive away.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Lawmaker says anti-cop Capitol painting is coming down
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Federal prosecutors won't charge SC deputy in viral video incident
- Can Baltimore's police reform deal survive Trump's DOJ?
- Fla. airport shooting highlights nexus between mentally ill, cops