US Virgin Islands police wounded, suspect killed
Officers were shot at a car wash and returned fire
CHARLOTTE AMALIE, U.S. Virgin Islands — Two police officers have been wounded and a suspect has been killed in a shootout in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Police said in a statement Sunday that the officers were approaching a group of men at a car wash late Saturday when they were shot at and returned fire.
Authorities have not released the name of the suspect who was killed. A second suspect has been arrested.
The medical condition of the two wounded officers was not immediately known.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms