US Virgin Islands police wounded, suspect killed
Officers were shot at a car wash and returned fire
CHARLOTTE AMALIE, U.S. Virgin Islands — Two police officers have been wounded and a suspect has been killed in a shootout in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Police said in a statement Sunday that the officers were approaching a group of men at a car wash late Saturday when they were shot at and returned fire.
Authorities have not released the name of the suspect who was killed. A second suspect has been arrested.
The medical condition of the two wounded officers was not immediately known.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy