Tens of thousands receive same death threat text
Police have begun investigating the source of the text message warning people they'll be killed
MyNews Interactive Media
SYDNEY — People in Australia's New South Wales state are getting a mobile phone text message that warns them they will be killed unless they send $5,000 to an email address.
The message reads: "Sum 1 paid me to kill you. get spared, 48 hrs to pay $5000. If you inform the police or anybody, death is promised... E-mail me now: email@example.com"
Police have begun investigating the source of the text message, Sydney's Daily Telegraph newspaper reported Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tens of thousands receive same death threat text
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house