Police lose Olympic keys, security 'not threatened'
The keys to soccer venue Wembley Stadium were not found despite repeated searches
ANSA English Media Service
LONDON — Police said on Monday that keys to soccer venue Wembley Stadium had been missing for a week, but organizers of the London Olympics emphasized that the relevant locks had been changed and there were no security issues as a result.
The lost keys, worth 40,000 pounds, went missing July 24 and despite repeated searches were not found, Scotland Yard said in a statement on Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman