Cops pull over speeding driver, find mobile office
IT specialist equipped car with computer, printer, transformer, router, GPS, and two cell phones
By Policeone Staff
MAINZ, Germany – Undercover highway police who pulled over a man for speeding on the autobahn discovered the driver had turned his station wagon into a full mobile office, complete with laptop, printer, and voltage transformer.
Police spokesman Stephan Lassotta told NBC News the 34-year-old IT specialist made an illegal passing maneuver, traveling 80 mph in a 62 mph zone before being pulled over.
The man faces a fine of more than $170 for speeding and passing traffic in a right-hand lane. However, he will not be charged for the equipment, because police could not prove he was using it while driving.
He was asked to store the equipment in his trunk immediately.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house