Austria's ice cream killer gets life sentence
Woman guilty of chopping up husband and boyfriend and hiding them in cement
VIENNA — An Austrian ice cream parlor owner has been found guilty of killing her ex-husband and a boyfriend before chopping them up with a chain saw and burying them in concrete in her shop's basement.
A Vienna court convicted the 34-year-old woman of murder Thursday and handed her a life sentence, ordering her to be held in psychiatric care, according to Austrian news agency APA.
The woman, identified only as Estibaliz C., confessed to the murders Monday but her lawyer said she will appeal.
The woman, dubbed the "Ice Lady" by Austrian media, shot the men in 2008 and 2010, putting their body parts in a freezer before burying them in her cellar. She had told the court her ex-husband failed to leave her alone and the boyfriend cheated on her.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court