Canada police release comical holiday crime prevention video
"Lock it or Lose it" campaign is the second of it's kind to make point through parody video
CAMBRIDGE, Canada — The Waterloo Regional Police Service will take on a new approach to crime prevention this week with the launch of a unique holiday video that reminds residents to lock their vehicles and hide their belongings.
The campaign, which complements the Service’s ongoing Lock It or Lose It education program, provides a timely and musical reminder to safeguard cars and valuables during the holiday season.
Every year we continue to see increases in thefts from vehicles and we are hopeful that by providing our message in an entertaining way, we will gain our community’s attention and see fewer victims in these next few weeks and beyond.” said Chief Matt Torigian.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds