Video: Man runs from police using 15 mph moped
The man, who was unqualified to drive, claims he panicked when he saw police, and made a run for it
By Geoff Bennett
BRISTOL, United Kingdom — A moped rider who failed to outrun a pursuing police helicopter and patrol cars has been handed a suspended jail term. Disqualified driver James Phillips bought the 50cc Piaggio for £200, rode it without insurance and panicked when he saw police, Bristol Crown Court heard.
He led them on a low-speed, doomed-to-failure chase around Southmead before stopping and declaring: "It's a fair cop."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Video: Man runs from police using 15 mph moped
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms